These professional development materials were developed and used with K-12 teachers in California, Colorado, Maryland, and Michigan from 2008-2013. These materials are directed at both content knowledge and pedagogy, with materials focusing on how to use learning progressions while teaching about water in the classroom.
Training Materials related to Learning Progressions, Tools for Reasoning, and Formative Assessment
- Introduction to the Tools for Reasoning Powerpoint 5.12.12 (download)
- Water Formative Assessment and Tools Professional Development 12 12 12 (download)
- Student Thinking Activity:
- Examples of Student Responses document (download)
- Introduction to the teaching experiment powerpoint (download)
- Watershed Model Activity document (download)
Development of these materials was supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation: Targeted Partnership: Culturally relevant ecology, learning progressions and environmental literacy (NSF-0832173). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.